Wednesday, August 15, 2007

. . .You Don't Know What You Got Til It's Gone . . .

As the taxi sped hurriedly from the curb, she quietly wondered at the emptiness that engulfed her. Something was missing, something that had just been there moments before.

Her mind had been racing in the cab, her pen scribbling ideas slower than her mind could produce them. The ride through the dark city streets had lit a fire of inspiration that was burning through her fingertips and onto the scraps of paper she could gather from the littered floorboards.

But in the near-silent hum of the streetlamp above her, she heard something more ominous. She was beginning to panic. She felt her pockets quickly; apartment keys, lipstick, Blackberry . . What else could be gone? What could have struck her numb with fear?

When the taillights of the taxi blinked out of sight, it all became clear: Her creativity had vanished with the taxi.

2 comments:

Ther said...

I know what you mean. It's horrible to have an idea only to lose it in the end. Usually when something brilliant strikes me, I always make sure I write it down or a part of it that will make me remember. I hate it when I forget. =)

TC said...

Losing your creativity is one of the worst feelings in the world... I do it time and again. You'd think I'd have learned to not let go by now, but nope, it still disappears.