Monday, September 10, 2007

Late Again, Oh Bother

It was one of those bright summer days that seemed to blind you with it's brilliance. The sunglasses he wore were twice the size of his face, but he didn't care 'cause they were cool. The combination of high speed and a convertible top had produced a hair style that could best be defined as "wild", but it went well with his eyewear. And though he was a pound shy of the legal limit for the front seat, I didn't suppose the police carried around scales in their cruisers. When he said "Momma, go faster!!!" as he laughed uncontrollably, my heart swelled in my chest until it was painful.

"Baby, can momma have her sunglasses back?" He giggled and clutched them tighter to his face as he yelled above the roar of the wind, "NU UH!" Suddenly, the glare of the sun didn't seem to matter.

2 comments:

Bone said...

Aww, how adorable! That made me smile :)

And it's doubly good that you didn't post until Monday, because that makes me not feel so bad about posting on Friday.

TC said...

This was cute, Avery.

And though he was a pound shy of the legal limit for the front seat, I didn't suppose the police carried around scales in their cruisers.

That made me laugh out loud. :)

'Eh, we almost all post late... it seems wrong to post ON Wednesday if you ask me...